Thursday, December 13, 2012

NetStorage

Most of us know that MSU offers NetDrive to all its students. You can save your files and open them up on any computer from the labs on campus. This is very useful, but most of us do our homework from our own computers and not from the labs on campus and need constant access to all our data.
I recently discovered that MSU also offers NetDrive to students. You can upload your files from home and open them from any computer with internet. I see a lot of students all the time with their flash drives at the labs printing their papers and other documents. I think NetDrive is a great way to store documents and to keep everything in one place. I spent almost one entire semester without a computer last year and this service would have helped me a lot, had I known it was available. Since everything is electronically stored, losing your flash drive or having your computer crash in the middle of the semester does not mean you will loose all your work.I am not sure if any middle schools or high schools offer this service, but it is the perfect for preventing loosing all your data.
For those of you who are not familiar with the service, here is a short video on How to access NetDrive.

Google Docs is also a very way to keep all your files together and prevent from losing them if anything happens to your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment