Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Interactivity#3

Incorporating technology into the curriculum is going to be one of the main tasks of the modern teacher and doing so in a meaningful way can present a challenge, especially for those teachers that receive little to no training on the subject. Researching technologies on my content area and putting together the inventory definitely helped to raise my awareness on different tools that can be innovative and revolutionary in foreign language classrooms. On other education classes I'm being asked to write lesson plans that must include use of technology in an authentic and meaningful way. I can use this inventory as a reference guide. It will be very helpful. On another hand, this project also made me realize how little previous knowledge I had about all these tools as a student and also as a future teacher. In an ever more globalised and competitive world, it is important for teachers to keep up with the times and utilize technology in an innovate way in the classrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Lilliana,

    I can completely see where you're coming from. I love how our courses here are implementing the use of technology into the classroom a lot more. Technology is becoming more and more prevalent in students' lives. There are now 5 year olds with iphones. We have to keep up with the times to stay relevant. There is talk about putting rosetta stone in the classrooms to replace foreign language teachers because its so successful. I believe that's ridiculous. Rosetta stone isn't going to discipline children or provide guidance for students. I believe it should be used as a teacher's aide in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete